Saturday, August 6, 2011

Libby and Jay's Wedding

I had the honor of assisting Josh Jones of J.Jones Photography recently for Libby and Jay's Wedding. The ceremony took place downtown at Christ Episcopal Church and was followed by a reception at the Poinsett Club. While assisting, Josh also asked me to take a few shots of him working as well. When I was not helping out with lighting or taking pictures of Josh I was able to grab some shots of the wedding events.


The chapel where the ceremony was originally planned to be held. However, the A/C broke and the service was moved last minute to the main sanctuary. 

Her Couture Dress 



I loved her hairpiece!

Enjoying a moment with her father and bridesmaids. 

The church has strict rules regarding photography; we were required to stay in the balcony.  There was an official from the church that monitored us up there was well.  


There was some nice lighting coming in from the stained glass window. 

So cute!



Instead of  a traditional registry, they had an art book for people to sign and leave messages.d







About midway through the reception, the party really changed and people began dancing!

Libby took over the stage with some friends. 



Gorgeous centerpieces. 



Below are pics I took of Josh: 

As photographers, we are often doing whatever necessary to get that perfect shot. 


I love that you can see his monitor of their silhouettes here. 

                             Thanks to Josh for letting me assist him and congrats to Libby and Jay!

No comments:

Post a Comment