Monday, April 11, 2011

The Green Family


Brittany is a teacher at Grove Elementary where I also work as a mental health therapist.  She and her husband, Drew, recently had their first son, Kaiden.  It was a warm day this past Saturday at the Rock Quarry Garden in Cleveland Park. 

Kaiden gave this photo shoot a thumbs up.  Thanks baby, your too kind!

This blanket was hand made for Brittany.  I love the blue and brown together.  Kaiden apparently likes to grab his hair often when he is sleeping as he is doing here. 

This little boy loves his paci that the hospital gave him.  No expensive ones for him.  We were able to sneak it away from him for a few shots including this up close shot of him sleeping in a basket. 

Okay.  I know what you are thinking.  Katie, did you really ask this first time mom to put her newborn on a rock in the middle of a creek.  No worries mommies feet are cropped out but she is within arms reach of this little guy!  I must say though they were brave parents and I think these shots turned out great!

The sound of the water was not soothing enough for him so back to the Paci :) 

As is often the case with baby photo shoots, we took a break to feed baby Kaiden who is two months old now. 

I love how small his ears and toes were. I captured these shots while he was feeding. 

Here is the entire family.  Drew and Brittany met at college.  Their roommates were dating each other and they met through them.  It was a fun story to hear. 



This is one of my favorite shots.  Look at this adoring father.  From the embrace he gives his wife to the gentle touch of his newborn's toes.  Oh goodness-it makes me melt!

For a couple who was not planning on having a baby anytime soon, they sure do love this little blessing. 



Kaiden was getting fussy towards the end of the shoot.  Surprisingly though he loved being in this makeshift hammock I create by using cloth that is held by both ends.  Look at his cute little arm hanging out.

His eyes look deep in thought here. 

I will end with this sweet shot.  I believe he actually blinked but it looks as though he is smiling and sleeping.  So cute!

I had a great time meeting Brittany's family!

1 comment: